The objective of the Project:
To promote good eating habits and their influence on learning ability, and farm knowledge for and through the schoolchildren of St. Andre’s, Trianon. To supplement the meal program at St. Andre’s for all students. To assist families.
- Encourage children to have a responsible attitude in the face of their immediate environment
- Teaching the basics of agriculture and farming.
- Assistance to families to help them pay school tuition fees.
- Promote good healthy eating habits
The children will have skills and positive attitudes that prepare them to acquire healthy eating habits outside and beyond school and into adulthood.
- A change of lifestyle and attitude towards the environment
- Able to cultivate a vegetable garden and raise goats
- Develop good eating habits, sharing these with their families
- Gain and understand the meaning of responsibility
- Expected improvement of scholastic results and overall participation.
- Learn the importance of working together in a team
- Build family confidence from being able to pay school tuition fees